We have officially began the home study process! We traveled to the CHI office in Brentwood on Monday night for our first group meeting. So now I have a lot of work to do! Writing autobiographies, requesting our birth & marriage certificates from the state, doctor's appointments, updating our dogs' rabies shots, having well water tested by health department, getting reference letters, employment letters, police clearance, and so on.......
Once I've gathered all these documents then we will go for our individual interviews then have our home visit. It is so funny, Sam is now so excited about becoming a big brother. He's constantly going around the house and telling me what we need to do to make the house safe for the baby. He keeps reading the checklist of what the social worker will be checking when she visits, and constantly reminding me of what we need to do to get the house ready. I'm sure our house will be in good shape by our home visit, with Sam (Mr. Home Study Policeman) on the case!
No comments:
Post a Comment