Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Hope
I've sat down a couple of times to write this post, but I just can't seem to find the right words to describe how I'm feeling today. I want to say something really eloquent regarding the election of Barack Obama as the next President of the United States, but no words seem to accurately describe the magnitude and complexity of my emotions. I'm just so happy today! I'm still getting goosebumps and teary eyes just thinking about the significance of yesterday's election. How awesome is it that the first U.S. President in our daughter's lifetime will be an African American! It's a new day, a new world, and I have very high hopes of seeing lots of positive change to come for our country. We still have a ways to go regarding race relations and overcoming prejudices, especially here in the South and in our predominantly white community, but we're getting there. Today I am filled with a new hope for our future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment