Monday, January 26, 2009
43
As of this morning, we were officially number 43 on the waiting list. By my calculations, we were 48 so I've missed something somewhere. Our adoption coordinator also said that this number was before any referrals today - and there were definitely a good number of referrals today!!! I'll give an update later this week as to how this changes our number on the list. I'm still thinking a May/June referral. Two of the families that announced today their baby girl referrals have waited right at 9 months. Our 9 month mark will be May 15th. The wait time from referral to travel has lengthened, so it could be 4-5 months from referral date before we get to go and get our baby girl. It's all okay though, that's what I keep trying to convince myself of anyway! I'm secretly still worried about being financially ready when the call comes, especially since Charles' just lost some overtime hours at work. We're thinking of applying for a Shaohannah's Hope grant. If anyone has had any success (or not) with them, please let me know. I'd love to hear your stories. You can email us at dishmans3@aol.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man the numbers game is just too hard! I was told 45 last week, the Hansels were, too. But we are DTE 7/18. So I must be alot closer than I thought! And with 10 referrals today...whew! We are all getting close!!
Post a Comment