I sat down last week for my daily quiet time/Bible study, and just happened to open the front cover of my Bible- I usually just turn to whatever chapter I'm going to - and there on a yellow sticky note in my handwriting was this phrase "God's will is unfolding". I don't really recall when I jotted this down or where I heard the quote, but I'm so glad I stumbled upon it again.
This statement is so true and describes our adoption journey so far. I've talked about in previous posts how we came to adopt from Ethiopia in a round about way. It could also describe our journey to home school Sam, or me teaching Kindermusik, or a number of other things in our life. Sometimes I have to remind myself, of how these things came to be, of how God often will lead me in one direction and just when I 'm comfortable He will stretch me just a little more or sometimes point me in an opposite direction!
I confess that I am a habitual planner. Lately, I've been thinking about what my work schedule will be like when we bring our daughter home, will I still be able to teach Kindermusik, will I still be working at the bank, will I still be able to do the tutoring I do now, plus devote my time to Sam and the baby. Then I'm reminded of how God's will is unfolding and of how I can't answer any of those questions (so stressing and planning now won't do a bit of good), because by this time next year, God may be leading me in a new direction. Don't get me wrong, I know planning and being prepared is good - but I tend to get WAAAYYYY out of balance in this area.
Lord, remind me daily to ask "What will you have me to do?" Help me to know your voice and give me the strength, courage, and discipline to always obey what you tell me. Father, thank you for taking my worry and giving me peace in its place.
1 comment:
Great POST !!!! It is oh so true for me in my life as well. Thanks for reminding me to follow God's will and it will all work out. Congrats on the I171H - it won't be long now.
Post a Comment