Friday, December 26, 2008

A Must Read!

Anyone interested in Ethiopian adoption must read There is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene. This book not only tells of adoption stories, but also gives political and cultural history of Ethiopia (which I understand so much better now) and a lot of background on the AIDS pandemic. Warning - you will probably cry while reading some of the stories or looking at the pictures in the book. But it's so worth it. I have such a greater understanding of Ethiopia and its people now. I can't wait to travel there to bring our daughter home! I'm looking forward to learning much more about this amazing place and sharing that knowledge with Alison about her homeland.

1 comment:

Mom to many said...

Just stumpled upon your blog... You are getting closer to your referral!!! AND, I agree, the book is amazing! It was great to have some background on the country our little girl would come from... Good luck on the wait. I KNOW it gets long, but it will happen.